Lady Warriors Fall to Marshall

The Cotter Lady Warriors lost to the Marshall Lady Bobcats on April 24, 2023. The game was held at Cotter Schools. After only losing one game, the Lady Warriors lost for the second time this season. Due to a “pitcher’s duel,” the Lady Warriors fought all game but fell 2-1.

Marley Dilbeck

March Student of the Month

My name is Marlee Dillbeck. I am thirteen years old, and I am in seventh grade. Some of my favorite hobbies are bible study, volleyball, and being with my family. Some of my favorites are as follows: food: fried potatoes; books/movies: “The Holy Bible” and “The Breakthrough;” color: purple; subject in school: literacy; and animal: Australian shepherds. I do not have any accomplishments that I am proud of yet, but I plan on having many in the future. My favorite thing about Cotter is how small it is, and getting to see my friends. A fun fact about me is that I have two middle names that are both inspired by my dad’s parents.’ 

Danny Reeves

My name is Danny Reeves, and I am fourteen years old. Some of my favorite interests are doing historical reenactments with my dad. My favorite food is seafood pasta, and my favorite book is The City of Ember. My favorite color is turquoise, and my favorite subject in school is history. My favorite animal is a fox. An accomplishment that I am most proud of is my knowledge of history. I love going to Cotter because everyone is very friendly and considerate. A fun fact about me that no one knows is that I eat beans for dinner every Tuesday.

MOrley Cranfill

March Student of the Month

By: Hannah Ehlinger and Brooke Krug

Hello, my name is Morley Cranfill. I am fifteen years old and a sophomore. I enjoy crocheting, reading, and watching rom-com movies. My favorite movie to watch is “50 First Dates,” and my favorite book to read is The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. My favorite color is green, and my favorite animal is a kangaroo. My favorite class is journalism. My best accomplishment is being the student of the month and having good grades. My favorite thing about Cotter School is how kind the people are! A fun fact about me is that I am rebellious, even though I do not seem like it. 

Madi Wood

I am Madi Wood, and am in eleventh grade at Cotter High School. I am seventeen years old. Some of my hobbies are FFA, basketball, and competing in rodeo events. My favorite food is Mexican, and my favorite color is green. I like the book Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere, and my favorite movie is “Walk, Ride, Rodeo.” In school, I like science the most, and my favorite animal is a horse. I am most proud of winning the open barrels for 2022 and keeping good grades in high school. My favorite thing about Cotter is that it is very small, which means you get to know everybody. A fun fact about myself is that I plan to attend college and become a veterinarian.

Jamie Rodgers

March Teacher of the Month

I am Coach Jamie Rodgers. I teach health and driver’s ed, and I am also the volleyball coach. My family moved to Mountain Home four years ago. We love spending time together, especially outdoors and cooking. Some of my other hobbies are golf and reading. My favorite food is seafood, and my favorite book is Things We Never Got Over by Lucy Score. My favorite movie is “Shawshank Redemption.” My favorite color is purple, and my favorite holiday is Christmas. I attended Parker’s Chapel High School, Hendrix College for undergrad, and Arkansas State University for graduate school. The accomplishment I am most proud of is raising a family. My favorite thing about teaching at Cotter is that it is a tight community that wants the best for its students. A fun fact you may not know about me is that in high school, I once tripped and fell at a basketball game, my skittles went all over the court, and they had to stop the boy’s game to sweep them off the court.

“Come Back”

by Lavona Leach

How do you know?

How do you possibly know?

How could you even begin to fathom where I want to go? 

This place…

No one could know…

Well, maybe one person could.

He could’ve. 

If I could have told him.

If I could have let the words form.

If I could have fathomed where he would be going soon.

Now I do

Now I see

I can now fathom where he went.

Years ago.

September 30, 2016.

How I was I supposed to know?

I was so young…

I’ve grown a lot. 

I wonder if he would be proud of me…

If he saw me leaning over this paper…

If he could see how I look.

If he could see the tears.

If he could see the tiredness.

If only I could have said goodbye.

Only three years until I will be 19, just like he was.

19.

How young…

He didn’t deserve that.

They shouldn’t have hurt him.

Why did they hurt him?

He was so sweet

So kind

So loving

So much all in one person

He was what I had needed.

He was my inspiration.

Should I have looked up to him? 

Should I have gotten attached?

Why did he go? 

He could have stayed home.

He could have stayed home…

I was home.

Why couldn’t I stop him? 

Why didn’t I make him stay…

Oh Bub..

Why?

How I wander looking for another brother like you. 

I thought I did.

I found someone who fits almost perfectly.

But

He doesn’t get it.

He doesn’t like me.

He absolutely hates me.

I just want you back. 

It’s been six years.

Six

I still can’t find out how to make it stop.

The pain.

The tears.

The searching.

Why? 

Why.

If you were really supposed to be my big brother…

Why leave me?

Why?

It hurts…

I just want you back.

Come Back.

Warriors Defeat Pathers 10-1

On Tuesday, March 28th, the Cotter Warriors played the Yellville Panthers at Yellville. The Warriors defeated the Panthers 10-1. The Warrior players: Ty Tilton, Kolby Vinson, Olin Davidson, Hudson Adams, Will Morris, and others, all made runs. Cotter’s pitching struck out 16 players, with Ty Tilton striking out 12 players and Kolby Vinson striking out 4.

Source: https://www.baxterbulletin.com/stories/warriors-take-league-win-over-panthers-10-1,32841?

Lady Warriors Beat Yellville Panthers

by Morley Cranfill & Reagan Williams

The Lady Warriors softball team beat Yellville by a good amount of points on Tuesday. This game meant a lot to the ladies because they had lost several games in a row beforehand. The game was played at Yellville on March 28th. The Lady Warriors put a lot of effort and hard work into this game and beat the Panthers.

Source: https://www.baxterbulletin.com/stories/lady-warriors-bash-16-hits-in-win-over-lady-panthers,32839?

CSD March school board meeting

Cotter Public Schools’ board of education had its monthly meeting on March 23, 2023. They unanimously approved the renewal of the contract with Ozark Therapy of Mountain Home for physical therapy and the renewal of the contract with Shining Stars Occupational Therapy of Mountain Home for occupational therapy. They also approved the renewal of the contract with psychoeducational services agreement with the Family Psychological Center of Harrison and the renewal of the speech therapy services contract. They also discussed the new LEARN legislature and plan for the school district. The plan’s design is to outline Cotter Public Schools’ “plan for safely returning to school, as well as our transition to blended learning to ensure learning for all students anytime, anywhere. In addition, this document will serve as our District Support Plan and outlines how we will support learning to ensure success for all Cotter Public Schools students. District plans are subject to change as situations evolve over time”(Baxter Bulletin).

Source: https://www.baxterbulletin.com/stories/cotter-board-approves-2023-24-therapy-contracts-ready-to-learn-plan,32797

Skip to toolbar